OLD FASHIONED POTATO SALAD
When Mona joined the Corky’s accounting office there were two people: Mona and Poncie, Don Pelts’ father. Now Mona runs the department with eight full-time staff members.
- 2 pounds new potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (from about 6 green onions)
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- Corky’s Bar-B-Q Dry Rub (to taste)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the potatoes until tender. Allow to cool in a large bowl, then crush the potatoes with your fingers, leaving the skins on. Add the green onions, eggs, and dill pickles, and season to taste with dry rub. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and mustard. Pour over the potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.