ALMOST MISS LINDA’S FUDGE PIE
Carol Sweeney has worked for Corky’s since she was 16. This recipe is her rendition of Corky’s famously decadent fudge pie, first created by Linda Pelts, the wife of Corky’s founder Don Pelts. Of special note: this the pie makes it own crust!
- Nonstick cooking spray, oil, or butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus additional flour for the pan
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Using nonstick spray, oil, or butter, grease and flour an 8-inch pie pan. Sift together the sugar, 1 cup flour, and the cocoa in a large mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and mix well. Using a mixer set on low speed, mix in the eggs and vanilla until just blended, taking care not to overbeat. Stir in the pecans. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan and bake until just set in center, about 45 to 50 minutes.